Weight loss journeys aren’t easy! I love to see people win and beat obesity because this journey takes a toll on you not only physically but mentally!
I love Brandy’s journey because of her transparency. I have yet to share my weight online and here she is in all her glory. I’m super proud of her transformation and you will be too!
If you want to continue to follow her journey you can follow her on Instagram. Her handle is @brandii.is.loosing.it
1. Tell me about yourself. Something unique and dynamic. Not the generic things that someone can find out on social media. But also add your name (first name) and age, please.
My name is Brandy I am 23 years old. I’m studying to become a registered nurse.
2. What gave you the motivation to start your journey?
My daughter gave me the motivation to start my journey. She’s 2 years old so she is very active and not being able too to run around with her and take her to the park because I was so tired motivated me.
3. How did you start? (Did you start by exercising or did you clean up your diet first? And did you clean up your diet gradually or did you jump right into it?
I started out by eating clean the first few months, no working out or anything just simply tracking my calories and cutting out carbs and red meat. Coming into the second month of my journey is when I started to incorporate walking.
4. What’s the hardest thing about your lifestyle change?
Not being able to binge eat is one of the hardest things that I’ve had to deal with. I have my moments when I’m overwhelmed and stressed out and I’m an emotional eater so it gets hard at times.
5. What has kept you going even when you didn’t feel like it or when you felt like it’s not working out how you planned?
I keep going because I’m so happy on who I’m becoming and whenever I’m too tired to get out of bed or to continue on with my journey I look at myself in the mirror and remember the goals I have.
6. Do you have any regrets on where you had to get to change your lifestyle around? And did you have to evaluate yourself to find the source of your weight gain?
I have regrets too on how overweight I let my self get because I feel like I missed out on a lot just because of my eating habits and yes every once in a while I have a talk with my self about why I’m not eating the things I used to eat and I learned that my overeating came when I was stressed out or emotional. So I let myself cry it out or I just vent to my mom. The best thing for me has been crying it out.
7. Why is/was this time different from the other times you’ve tried to lose weight? What gave you the strength to not give up this round?
It’s different because this time I sat down and I wrote out goals for myself. I was tired of being that girl that was so happy on the outside but deep down I wasn’t happy with myself. My daughter and my health will always be the reason why I didn’t give up.
8. What has been your happiest or the most rewarding moments since you’ve started your journey?
Going into a clothing store and being able to find my size in clothes. Also, fitting into a restaurant booth with out stressing out if I’m going too fit or not.
9. What advice would you give someone who is thinking about or just started their lifestyle change?
Take it easy don’t restrict yourself too much and remember losing weight takes time and patience and always drink your water.
10. What is the ultimate goal? Do you have a specific weight goal? Is there something you want to achieve after getting to your ideal place?
My ultimate goal is to be able to fit into size 7 jeans. And my goal weight is 170lbs I eventually want too get skin removal surgery when I hit my goal weight.
The first step is trying and the next step is not giving up when things get hard! If you keep going you may be the next person featured here!
Keep going! If no one else believes in you know that I do. You’ve got this!
Don’t forget to like, comment, share or subscribe! I’m not picky any will do. I would really appreciate it!
Also, I started a podcast. I’d appreciate it if you’d check it out and also share it with your friends! It would mean the world to me! Click Here to listen!
If you’re interested in any of my plans click here to shop around.
Remember you are a pink starburst and don’t let anyone tell you differently! xoxoxo