What I love to see is women supporting other women! I found this beautiful soul on Instagram because she reached out to me to share my story!
This journey isn’t easy but when you find a complete stranger cheering you on it may just be the push you need!
If you want to follow her journey you can find her on Instagram @fitheels_is_hersupport
1. Tell me about yourself. Something unique and dynamic. Not the generic things that someone can find out on social media. But also add your name (first name) and age, please.
My name is Tashaye, I’m 31 years old and a mother of one very busy 5-year-old son. I’m originally from Florida and relocated to Atlanta two years ago. I’ve always been passionate about women in mental health for as long as I can remember. I started for heels support group to not only hold myself accountable but most importantly to help other women to see how important their mental and physical health is!
2. What gave you the motivation to start your journey?
I got to a point where I felt unattractive to myself and it started to affect me mentally. In 2019 I was told that I was a borderline diabetic and I was taking a chance of having a stroke due to my blood pressure. I believe it was at that moment I decided to change my life.
3. How did you start? (Did you start by exercising or did you clean up your diet first? And did you clean up your diet gradually or did you jump right into it?
In the past, I tried trainers but to be honest, I wasn’t dedicated enough. It ended up being a waste of time and money! This time around I started off with intermittent fasting and I was losing weight pretty quickly and then I incorporated working out.
4. What’s the hardest thing about your lifestyle change?
The hardest thing about my lifestyle change is being patient. A lot of times I want results right away and we all know when it comes to working out its a process! 😂
5. What has kept you going even when you didn’t feel like it or when you felt like it’s not working out how you planned?
I think what motivates me the most is the constant reminder that I have to live for my son! It would be selfish of me not to change my life and take the chance of losing my life and he is without me.
6. Do you have any regrets about where you had to get to change your lifestyle around? And did you have to evaluate yourself to find the source of your weight gain?
I have no regrets because if it wasn’t for the scare in 2019 I wouldn’t have been reminded of how precious life is.
7. Why is/was this time different from the other times you’ve tried to lose weight? What gave you the strength to not give up this round?
I think this time was different because I was doing it for ME!
8. What has been your happiest or the most rewarding moments since you’ve started your journey?
The most rewarding feeling is when I think I’m not doing enough and I get a random message or DM saying how much I motivated a total stranger!
9. What advice would you give someone who is thinking about or just started their lifestyle change?
If I had to give advice to someone it would be simply to be patient with yourself, this is not a race! Can’t stop won’t stop is a daily mood!
10. What is the ultimate goal? Do you have a specific weight goal? Is there something you want to achieve after getting to your ideal place?
My ultimate goal is to lose 50 pounds! In my day-to-day journey and through my fitness support page I want to reach as many women as I can. I want women to understand that being skinny isn’t the new sexy but living a healthy life is. If I can spread that message throughout my journey I would feel Accomplished!
Remember the first step is trying and the next step is not giving up when things get hard!
Keep going! If no one else believes in you know that I do. You’ve got this!
Also, I started a podcast. I’d appreciate it if you’d check it out and also share it with your friends! It would mean the world to me! Click Here to listen!
If you’re interested in any of my plans click here to shop around.
Don’t forget to like, comment, share, or subscribe! I’m not picky any will do. I would really appreciate it!
You are a pink starburst and don’t let anyone tell you differently! xoxoxo