What first reeled me in about this awesome lady was her energy! One thing you can depend on is her energy-filled workout routine!
If you’d like to follow her journey on Instagram you can find her @thezone_fitness
1. Tell me about yourself. Something unique and dynamic. Not the generic things that someone can find out on social media. But also add your name (first name) and age, please.
My name is Shereen and I’m 41 years old. Something unique about me is I love to write plays. I have aspirations of writing/producing a successful play on Broadway.
2. What gave you the motivation to start your journey?
What motivated me to start my journey was being uncomfortable. I’ve always been a ‘big’ girl but my weight got out of control and started to cause me physical pain. I didn’t like feeling that way and I did something about it.
3. How did you start? (Did you start by exercising or did you clean up your diet first? And did you clean up your diet gradually or did you jump right into it?
I started by seeing a specialized nutritionist who taught me how to eat for my body type. I’m an endomorph so I have to watch my carb and fat intake. I learned to cook healthy low carb meals. I worked on my diet for the first 2 weeks and then started working out. My first workouts consisted of 20 minutes of cardio and basic weight training.
4. What’s the hardest thing about your lifestyle change?
In the beginning, the diet was the hardest thing. It was hard to change but I stuck with it.
5. What has kept you going even when you didn’t feel like it or when you felt like it’s not working out how you planned?
What keeps me going is fear. Fear of going back to being morbidly obese and out of shape. I need to stay consistent with my overall health. What kept me going is not having an option. I knew if I stopped, I would gain all the weight back and be uncomfortable all over again. For most of 2019, my weight loss slowed significantly. I didn’t get discouraged, I just kept tweaking my diet and workout regimen to find what worked best for me.
6. Do you have any regrets about where you had to get to change your lifestyle around? And did you have to evaluate yourself to find the source of your weight gain?
I do not have any regrets. I am happy with all I have learned throughout my journey. I understand that this is a lifestyle change and the benefits are well worth all the effort.
To be successful in weight loss, you have to evaluate yourself. There are so many diet plans and workouts to choose from. If you aren’t self-aware, you will likely try a trendy diet of the time. That particular diet may not bring you success and you become discouraged and quit.
7. Why is/was this time different from the other times you’ve tried to lose weight? What gave you the strength to not give up this round?
This time is different because I finally learned how to eat for my body type without feeling like I’m depriving myself. I also learned from past weight loss failures. I realized I would get comfortable after losing some weight. I would start skipping workouts and slacking on my diet. This time, I learned to work out even when I don’t want to. My diet is pretty routine. I watch my carb intake and allow one cheat meal every two weeks.
8. What has been your happiest or the most rewarding moments since you’ve started your journey?
The happiest moment was the day I started. I knew I was embarking on a journey that would change my life. I knew this time I was going to be successful.
9. What advice would you give someone who is thinking about or just started their lifestyle change?
I would say always remember why you started and give yourself time. You can look at other people’s weight loss journey for inspiration, but always remember that your journey is unique.
10. What is the ultimate goal? Do you have a specific weight goal? Is there something you want to achieve after getting to your ideal place?
I don’t have a weight loss goal. A journey is always changing and evolving. I want to enjoy every step of the journey. I just want to be healthy
Remember the first step is trying and the next step is not giving up when things get hard!
Keep going! If no one else believes in you know that I do. You’ve got this!
Don’t forget to like, comment, share, or subscribe! I’m not picky any will do. I would really appreciate it!
Also, I started a podcast. I’d appreciate it if you’d check it out and also share it with your friends! It would mean the world to me! Click Here to listen!
If you’re interested in any of my plans click here to shop around.
You are a pink starburst and don’t let anyone tell you differently! xoxoxo