I met this beautiful young lady through an Instagram group that I recently joined. Sometimes you meet some persons and you just get a feeling. I got a feeling of peace or a gentleness that I haven’t found in many persons.
She is so inspiring and her spirit shines through each smile in her transformation pictures. If you would like to follow her journey you can follow her on Instagram @jazzy.jayy.fit
1. Tell me about yourself. Something unique and dynamic. Not the generic things that someone can find out on social media. But also add your name (first name) and age, please.
I’m Jasmine, 30. I’m married and a mother of 3. I’m currently a nursing student. I’ll be a RN soon and I’m so excited about it! My passion is fitness/health and educating so hopefully I can find something that ties everything together when I’m done with school.
2. What gave you the motivation to start your journey?
After my last baby I had really bad postpartum depression/anxiety. I had terrible insomnia and was anxious and completely exhausted. When I moved my body or exercised I noticed I could sleep at night. I wasn’t anxious all day and it helped me feel normal again. That motivated me to keep going.
3. How did you start? (Did you start by exercising or did you clean up your diet first? And did you clean up your diet gradually or did you jump right into it?
I started exercising first to kick my anxiety. Then in my nutrition class in school we did a project where we had to change something in our diet and document the changes. I stopped drinking pop and coffee. I lost 10 lbs! I was so excited, in that class I gained so much information, that I still use today.
4. What’s the hardest thing about your lifestyle change?
Honestly, nothing is hard to me. I still eat chips, cookies, cakes, ice cream. I just put it all into my calories. I find workouts I enjoy and love the time to myself so working out doesn’t feel like a punishment.
5. What has kept you going even when you didn’t feel like it or when you felt like it’s not working out how you planned?
My boys keep me going! I have a family history of congestive heart failure and I don’t want to leave them because I didn’t take care of myself. Also, my mental health gets bad when I get off track.
6. Do you have any regrets about where you had to get to change your lifestyle around? And did you have to evaluate yourself to find the source of your weight gain?
No regrets, it’s all part of the journey. My weight gain is mostly genetic. I’ve always been the chunky kid. Lol
7. Why is/was this time different from the other times you’ve tried to lose weight? What gave you the strength to not give up this round?
I just didn’t / don’t want hypertension, diabetes, congestive heart failure to take me out. My boys deserve a healthy mother. I know I’ve only lost 40-45 pounds but I have been able to go from 40 mg Lisinopril to just 10 mg. That means I’m headed in the right direction.
8. What has been your happiest or the most rewarding moments since you’ve started your journey?
My happiest moment was taking a picture with my boys at the pumpkin farm and not feeling like I had to be hid. I was up front and happy.
9. What advice would you give someone who is thinking about or just started their lifestyle change?
I would tell them to always remember the reason why you started, I would tell them that this journey is theirs and they get to write how they want. That comparison is the thief of joy so don’t compare your journey to someone else’s
10. What is the ultimate goal? Do you have a specific weight goal? Is there something you want to achieve after getting to your ideal place?
My ultimate goal is to be completely off my blood pressure medicine and run a mile straight. Lol. My goal weight is 180 but it’s not set in stone. I just want to be healthy. 💕
Remember the first step is trying and the next step is not giving up when things get hard!
Keep going! If no one else believes in you know that I do. You’ve got this!
Don’t forget to like, comment, share, or subscribe! I’m not picky any will do. I would really appreciate it!
Also, I started a podcast. I’d appreciate it if you’d check it out and also share it with your friends! It would mean the world to me! Click Here to listen!
If you’re interested in any of my plans click here to shop around.
You are a pink starburst and don’t let anyone tell you differently! xoxoxo